“Learn about three new, impactful K4Community features and updates.“
By: Diana Gore | Product Marketing Manager, K4Connect
June 3, 2021
We’ve been hard at work the past three months to deliver on our mission to create simpler, healthier and happier lives for residents, their families, staff and community operators. At K4Connect we are relentless when it comes to innovation. And the result of that? We are constantly delivering exciting new technologies and features to senior living communities through our K4Community solution.
This quarter, our team focused on improvements to features that benefit residents, their family members and community staff in the areas of:
- Enhanced communication and engagement capabilities in K4Community Plus
- Expanded Resident Check-In functionality
- New integration partners and additional capabilities with existing partners – content, dining and POS
Here’s how our newest features and updates improve the lives of residents and increase staff efficiency in senior living communities.
1. Enhancements in K4Community Plus:
- Highly requested and highly anticipated updates to the Directory make filtering residents, family/friends and staff a breeze. Staff members can control whether or not they want to be included in the Directory as well as what contact information they want to share.
- New event updates make signing up for events and managing a calendar even simpler. Residents can now sign-up a guest for an event and join the waitlist if the event is full. They can also add community events to their personal calendar (iCal, Google Calendar) directly from the Event section of the resident app, eliminating the need to manage multiple calendars.
2. Expanded Resident Check-In functionality: Now, K4Community Alexa skill interaction(s) can be designated as a “check-in” event increasing the robust capabilities of our industry-leading K4Community Resident Check-In solution. That’s right – residents simply interacting with their Alexa device registers that they are up and active for the day with our automated check-in tool.
3. Integration Updates:
K4Community now offers the most expansive content integration options in senior living. In addition to our existing content partners; CuriosityStream, Coro Health and Spiro 100, we have two exciting new content partners that allow your residents to access even more dynamic content. It’s easy for staff to share and even easier for residents to experience.
- Eversound Select programming provides curated, interactive content and programs that give residents instant access to unique experiences and allows them to connect, learn and discover new interests. Eversound Select offers topics like art, entertainment, history, fitness and more. Residents can access endless content anytime, anywhere from the mobile and web applications that are available through K4Community Plus and enjoy programming from the comfort of their own home through Direct Broadcast.
- One Day University provides access to over 500 fascinating TED talk-style lectures, from over 200 of the greatest professors from the world’s top schools. Together, with K4Community, the One Day University on-demand video library can be shared directly with your residents to encourage purposeful engagement and inspire life-long learning.
- An update to the Spiro100 integration allows staff to select and share specific content from the industry’s largest library of exercise and wellness programs through K4Community Plus and Direct Broadcast (the in-room TV channel). In addition, staff can save time by automating Spiro100 courses to display ahead of time or on a specific schedule.
An exciting new Point of Sale (POS) integration and useful updates to our current POS partners were also prioritized this quarter.
- Our newest POS integration with ServingIntel enables residents to place meal orders in K4Community Plus, giving residents increased independence and eliminating the need for phone calls to staff and paper methods of meal ordering. ServingIntel is a leading provider of transaction management solutions for dining, retail and ancillary activities that enable senior living operators to increase Net Operating income (NOI) and best serve residents, resident’s families, guests and staff.
- Our FullCount and Volante integrations have been streamlined to improve resident management and staff control in the K4Community Team Hub. Both POS integrations allow residents to view dining balance information directly in K4Community Plus.