Effective: July 20, 2018
When you use our website, mobile application, and Connected Devices you agree to our collection, use, and disclosure of information as described in this Policy. Please review this Policy carefully, and contact us using the contact information provided below with any questions.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide
You may provide us with information that can be used to identify you as an individual when you use the website or mobile application. For example, residents may provide their name and email address when setting up their account through our mobile application. Additionally, individuals may provide their name and email address if they want to contact us through our website.
Additionally, we may collect other information that you provide through the mobile application, including information provided by users of the mobile application’s social feature.
We may also collect information you provide regarding others. For example, residents that choose to use the social feature in our mobile application will be asked to provide contact information for their friends and family so that we can invite them to download the mobile application. We rely on each user to obtain the intended recipient’s consent to our use of their names and contact information for these limited purposes.
Information Our Website Collects Automatically
When you use our website, we do not permit other parties to collect personal information concerning your online activities over time across different websites.
Data Related to Lifestyle and Environment
We also collect information from the Connected Devices to help us analyze resident’s lifestyle and environment. For example, we collect information regarding usage of lights, thermostat, and bed. We also receive information regarding when these Connected Devices are connected, active, and in use.
Our mobile application also uses information generated by the Connected Devices. Residents utilizing the mobile application will have options to use our mobile application to manage these Connected Devices and control their surroundings, for example, by adjusting light settings and controlling temperature. We collect information regarding each resident’s settings and use of the Connected Devices through the mobile application.
Network Information and Technical Data
In order to provide our services, we maintain technical information regarding our mobile application, the device on which the application is installed, and Connected Devices, such as their model, serial number, software version, and operating system. We also receive information about the connectivity of these devices over time, and other technical information about their network. This information helps us to deliver our services, improve user experiences, and trouble-shoot any issues that may arise.
Data regarding lifestyle and environment, and other technical data are sent regularly to K4Connect.
How Do We Use Information?
We use information we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- Internal recordkeeping.
- To provide requested services and functionalities.
- To conduct analytics regarding usage and trends of residents.
- For our own business purposes, including to develop sales, marketing, and business strategies.
- To improve our website, mobile application, or Connected Devices, or to provide technical support.
- To provide residents with notices of events, classes, and other offerings made available by their community.
- To contact and communicate with users of our website or mobile application, and others, such as by sending information about features of our mobile applications, Connected Devices, and other services, or asking for participation in surveys.
- To verify user identity during registration.
- To protect the security and integrity of our website, mobile application, and Connected Devices.
- To protect against, identify, and seek to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity.
We may also use the information in an aggregated form for our business purposes, such as to help us make sales, marketing, and business decisions. For example, we can use aggregated information about the number of mobile application users to help us decide how to focus our user outreach efforts.
How Do We Share Information?
We may share the information we collect in certain situations, such as:
- With the operator of the community in which a resident lives. We will share information collected through the Connected Devices and each resident’s use of those devices and the mobile application with the operators of the communities in which the resident lives. For example, we share this information so that community operators can improve facility management and identify resident trends.
- For users of the social feature of the mobile application, with those individuals with whom the user chooses to share. For example, residents can invite individuals to join their K4Community network and can share pictures with their contacts.
- With service providers and business partners that perform functions on our behalf or otherwise facilitate our business operations.
- To comply with a legal obligation, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce our policies or legal rights, to respond to an emergency, or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, users of our products or services, or the public.
- In the event of a potential or actual merger or sale involving our business, including without limitation any transfer made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings.
We may share aggregate information, such as the number of individuals using the Connected Devices, with third parties. Those third parties may use this aggregate information for their own business purposes.
What Are Your Choices?
You can always choose to not provide us with the information we request. However, choosing not to provide us with the information we request may prevent you from using certain features of our website or mobile application. For example, we require that users provide their name and email address to sign up on our website to receive newsletters.
How Do You Access and Update Your Information?
You can contact us at any time with questions or concerns you have regarding your privacy using the contact information provided below. You can also ask us at any time to correct the information you have provided to us. If you believe any of the information we maintain about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the information provided below, and we will do our best to correct any issues we identify.
How Do We Secure Information?
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect the information we collect against loss, unauthorized use, disclosure, or destruction.
Links to Other Websites
Our website contains links to external websites, such as links to our social media pages and links to outside articles about K4Connect and our services. Those websites are independent from our website. We do not endorse those websites and are not responsible for the content, accuracy, or privacy practices of such sites. This Policy does not apply to those third-party sites, and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other websites and contact their operators with questions regarding their privacy practices.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time without prior notice to you. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy unless otherwise indicated. We will indicate at the top of the policy when it was last updated. Please review this Policy regularly to make sure that you have reviewed the most recent version.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.