“Do your residents enjoy documentaries? How about faith-based music and meditation? Or maybe they want to watch exercise videos on demand.”
By: Diana Gore | Product Marketing Manager, K4Connect
February 4, 2020
Now more than ever, senior living communities are utilizing technology to minimize social isolation and enhance their resident’s lives. At K4Connect, our belief is that technology is only meaningful when it improves the quality of everyday life—we like to say, making life Simpler, Healthier and Happier.
Employing technology created for seniors provides a myriad of opportunities for communities to deliver engaging content and programming directly to residents in their homes.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
GIVE YOUR RESIDENTS OPTIONS
Dynamic content options allow you to better connect, entertain and inspire your residents through a variety of interests. Check out these highly recommended content creators, all available to K4Connect communities and residents.
- CuriosityStream brings award-winning documentary streaming and on-demand entertainment with over 3,000 features and series covering topics from space exploration and adventure to nature and lifestyle. Residents can explore their passions and find new ones like diving into aviation, revisiting medieval history or traveling somewhere new around the globe.
- Spiro100 provides the industry’s largest library of exercise and wellness video streaming programs. Residents will enjoy courses that focus on mind, body and spirit activities and that are safe, appropriate and outcome-based.
- Coro Health (MusicFirst™ and CoroFaith™) is the leading provider of therapeutic music and spiritual support within the healthcare industry. Their solutions are clinically proven to improve mood, reduce agitation and depression. MusicFirst™ is a therapeutic audio platform with more than 1,500 music programs and CoroFaith™ has the largest database of spiritual, religious, and wellness content in the industry.
MAKE IT EASY
Providing residents with easy ways to access content ensures you’re reaching residents where they are, whether at home or out and about in the community.
- Make holistic wellness options available to all of your residents whether they desire to attend live classes or participate from the comfort of their homes.
- Worried about your residents not being tech-savvy? It turns out that technology use is increasing among the Silent Generation, or adults aged 74 to 91. In fact, roughly one-third of adults in this age group now own smartphones or computers and are frequent social media users!
- Residents can access endless content anytime, anywhere from the mobile and web applications that are available through K4Connect’s K4Community Plus solution. It’s easy for staff to share and even easier for residents to experience.
Technology has the ability to truly transform senior living in a positive way. Digital tools will save staff time and become essential as communities work to evolve their wellness models and battle social isolation during the ongoing pandemic and beyond.
Learn more about how K4Community and our content partnerships can increase staff efficiency and keep your residents thriving!