Updates include a new expandable concierge service, user experience enhancements, and solutions to streamline staff workflows
K4Connect, a mission-centered technology company that creates connected-life solutions that serve and empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities, and those who support them, today announced the most significant release of its flagship product to date, K4Community. Making the complex simple, K4Community integrates virtually every aspect of a senior living community into a single system, serving the needs of the residents, their families, staff and operator.
At its core, K4Community enables residents to manage multiple aspects of their lives through an easy to use application designed specifically for, and with, older adults. Moreover, K4Community provides senior living staff in-depth management and analytics tools that further enable them to provide the very best in care and hospitality.
“Our company’s mission has always been to improve the lives of the individuals we serve – older adults and people living with a disability – as well as those that share our mission including community staff and operators. The direct feedback we’ve received from both residents, staff and operators has helped shape the newest version of K4Community,” said F. Scott Moody, Co-founder and CEO of K4Connect. “We believe this is the most advanced technology on the market. We know that when technology is built for, and with, older adults, they are more eager and likely to engage with it, as it brings real value to their lives. We’re thrilled to bring Version 2.0 of K4Community to the communities we work with and look forward to its continued growth.”
Version 2.0 of K4Community builds upon the senior industry’s most advanced technology platform through new features and integrations:
- A New Standard in Senior Accessibility – The most noticeable update is the redesigned K4Community user interface. Residents, family and friends will see optimized graphics, photos and icons, allowing for a more interactive and convenient user experience. These improvements surpass WAG’s 2.0 AA standards, making K4Community a leader in accessibility.
- Your Personal Smart Assistant – The new omnipresent smart assistant in K4Community provides help videos and one-touch connectivity to the K4Connect customer support team. Using a contextual help engine, K4Community now generates customized user content and “how to” capabilities, making it easier than ever for residents to navigate in the application and learn new features.
- Services On Demand – K4Community now offers an open, digital concierge for senior living, directly connecting older adults with the services they need. In the future, this advanced, extensible service will allow for integrations to be added to K4Community – such as transportation, healthcare and more. The first of these is an integration with TheWorxHub by Dude Solutions, and allows residents to submit and track maintenance requests with one-click.
- The End of Staff Rework – New integrations minimize paperwork and data input, streamlining staff workflows to help reduce redundant work, ultimately allowing staff to spend more time engaging with and caring for residents.
- Build Once Publish Everywhere – K4Connect’s recently announced an add-on module, the K4Community Content Management Module (CMM), which reinvents content capabilities for the benefit of residents, community staff and operators. Digital signage and in-room TV provide more engagement opportunities for residents and help staff streamline processes for managing events and reducing the costs of using multiple systems.
- Supercharged Search – There’s an entirely new way to search and sort information in the K4Community staff dashboard, making it easier than to sort and find community news, events and resources.
- The Power of the Platform – These newest enhancements to K4Community build upon K4Connects’s existing K4LifePlatform that integrates software and hardware to create a product that merges smart home automation, communication, social engagement and health and wellness tracking for those the company serves.
“From the beginning, K4Community was designed with its users and our residents in mind. Our residents were expressing a desire to be able to more easily connect with their community peers,” says Ray Tierney, Chief Operating Officer at Masonic Villages. “The K4Connect team listened and, in a short timeframe, have created a solution which I am sure residents will love. We’ve seen firsthand how important communication can be, especially given our large campuses. The new communication enhancements will be a game changer for our residents.”
The latest version of K4Community is available now and is currently being rolled out to senior living communities across the United States. K4Community is available on iOS, Android (smartphones/tablets), Windows and macOS.