“Commitment to innovation and continual improvement are key when it comes to your senior living community’s technology partner.”
By: Diana Gore | Product Marketing Manager, K4Connect
February 16, 2021
At K4Connect we are relentless when it comes to constant innovation. Every quarter we’re delivering exciting new technologies and features to senior living communities through our K4Community solution.
This quarter, our team focused on improvements to features that benefit residents, their family members and community staff in the areas of:
- Expanding communication tools
- Increased accessibility of voice features via Amazon Alexa
- Smart home alerting to improve efficiency
Here are five ways your senior living community will benefit from our latest updates:
1. Increased communication for residents with each other and family/friends who live outside of the community with the introduction of the brand NEW Communications Hub. It’s easier than ever for residents to share photos, URLs, and audio files in a secure messaging interface that mirrors standard text messaging. We’ve even included message reactions and emoji support!
2. Voice interactions (via Alexa) are now more conversational, further reducing the learning curve for residents. Residents can simply ask questions the way they would naturally speak, like, “What is for dinner tonight?”, “What are today’s specials?” or “What is for breakfast tomorrow?”
3. Many residents are using voice devices like Alexa at home and want that same experience in their living community. Now, in addition to our enterprise voice offering, residents with personal devices – whether an Echo Dot, Echo or other Alexa-enabled device – can now access all that K4Community has to offer with our public skill.
- Residents have the ability to install the K4Community Alexa Skill from the Alexa app
- Residents can access all of your community’s content from their personal Alexa device
- Residents can control their K4Community Smart Home devices from their personal Alexa device
4. The debut of in-app guides improves the K4Connect team’s ability to inform, communicate and educate residents on important product updates available to them, as well as seamlessly request feedback in the K4Community Plus web and mobile apps. We love hearing from our Members (our term for residents) and value their feedback to continuously improve K4Community!
5. High/Low temperature alerts embedded in the staff Team Hub increases the benefit of smart home-enabled apartments. This new feature helps communities save money, improve energy efficiency, recognize possible HVAC malfunctions, meet regulatory guidelines (where applicable) and increase resident comfort. Generated alerts are immediately sent to designated staff members’ mobile phones via SMS. This enables staff to assist residents quickly and ensures timely resolution of the alert.
Check out Winter 2021 Release to get more information about all of this quarters updates. Ready to learn more about K4Community? Book a demo today!