This week’s bulletin shares recent trending insights from K4Connect communities and an exciting new content partnership for residents
April 8, 2020
We are continuing to push forward on K4Community enhancements that will support your teams, residents and their families during this time. This week, we collected a number of helpful, fully remote installation capabilities at free or low cost — reach out to us here to activate those options listed in the email bulletin. We also have an exciting new content series for your residents!
After the release of a number of enhancements and new features, we’d like to share with you how residents and communities have responded to these new engagement, connection and socialization options. We’re glad to see Members and staff teams finding these valuable and hope these takeaways provide insights into how your community can best leverage K4Community to support your residents today.
- Residents are frequently reaching out to families – residents are leaning on K4Community communication features to stay in touch with family – in the last 30 days, resident to family messaging reached up to 5X the volume of the previous month’s average usage.
- Hotlines are quickly providing value – Since we launched the hotline feature a few weeks ago we’ve seen 2,775 calls with an average of 200 calls per day. With this feature, front desk staff are saving time and residents and families are instantly up to date on the latest information.
- Events remain a top feature, but they’re going virtual – In a time when you’d expect community event creation to decline, instead, communities are getting creative with “virtual” and socially-distanced activities like Zoom Pilates and Spiritual Services, FaceTime Cafe, Doorway Sing-a-Longs and more. We’ve seen 1000+ new events created in just 10 days!
Bringing Joy to Residents with Laura Benanti
We are so excited to announce a partnership with Tony Award-winning Broadway Actress Laura Benanti and friend Kate Deiter-Maradei. Her Sunshine Songs project (recently featured on GMA) collects a vast variety of musical and theatrical performances from people all over the world who have had their art performances canceled due to the Coronavirus. From talented kids to professional musicians and opera singers, together, we are bringing the Sunshine Songs project right to your residents with K4Community.
We will be sharing more on when to expect the mini concerts soon and how communities can share it. In the meantime, check out the #SunshineSongs project for a sneak peek at the talent!
- Navigating the Unknown: How Do We Get One Step Ahead of COVID-19?
- Blog post: Tips for families and friends with quarantined loved ones in senior living
- Serious Eats released a helpful article about food safety during the Coronavirus
In Service, With You
– The K4Connect Team